[PW] Project-wombat Digest, Vol 104, Issue 6

Bradley Scott bradley.a.scott at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 14:17:04 PDT 2018

Kathy et al,

The querent is looking for an article by Nat Hentoff about Peanuts (the
comic strip).  He seems pretty sure that the article was from the Village
Voice and published in the early 1960s, which would seem to eliminate from
consideration some later articles that Hentoff wrote about Vince Guaraldi
(composer of the Peanuts TV special music) in music magazines.

Wikipedia (that font of all knowledge) says that Hentoff started writing
for the Village Voice in 1958, and Peanuts started publication in 1950, so
that part of the story is plausible, but I'm having a hard time identifying
an indexing source for the Village Voice in this period.  I would like to
think that it was recognized as an important enough periodical for
*someone* to have indexed it.

Bradley A. Scott