[PW] Stumpers history

d-lien University of Minnesota d-lien at umn.edu
Thu Sep 6 15:49:57 PDT 2018

I thought I was paying attention (and certainly wanted to do so) but,
as some may remember, a few months ago I found I had been accidentally
unsubscribed from the list for many months and hadn't noticed it.
(Partly because I was getting somewhat similar questions from my
membership in Fiction-L, and hadn't paid attention as to where a given
post was coming from, but even so -- that was embarassing.)

Sigh.  The glory days of Stumpers, and the glory of the lost archives.
I recall once making a pretentious comment about how I hoped my
contributions to the list would be my contribution to the future and
the justification of my career or something cringe-worthy like that.
Well, we were all younger then.  (As I understand it, that's how "the
past" works.)

Dennis Lien // (retired from) U of Minnesota Libraries // d-lien at umn.edu