[PW] Firmin Dredd - pseudonym for who?

ADSGarson O'Toole adsgarsonotoole at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 01:17:43 PDT 2018

I haven't been able to find out who was behind the name "Firmin
Dredd", but I did notice that it displayed some longevity. Of course,
it may have been used by more than one person.

The "Chicago Tribune" on March 9, 1900 referred to an article about
dime novels by Firmin Dredd in "The Bookman".

"The Brooklyn Daily Eagle" on May 19, 1910 referred to an article by
Firmin Dredd in the June issue of "The Bookman". The issue covered
Mark Twain.

The name was employed in yet another decade. It appeared in 1922 in
"The New York Herald".