[PW] ?Australian quote

Jen Wilson jemawi at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 18:28:41 PDT 2018

I'm Australian and although I have seen variations of this quote
occasionally (almost all of them recent) it is definitely not something in
common usage.

I can't find any references to it outside of newspaper articles.

Jen

On 20 March 2018 at 04:49, John Henderson <jrhenderson9 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Quite a few years ago I heard an Australian being quoted as saying “I’d
> rather live in a nation founded by convicts than Puritans.”
> Three related questions.
> Who said it?
> What was the exacting wording?
> Is this actually a common saying in Australia instead of one that should
> be attributed to a specific individual. The closest I’ve found are related
> sentiments of Stella Maria Miles Franklin.
>
> John Henderson
> Ithaca College Library

*"The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity."
Dorothy Parker*