[PW] ?Australian quote

ADSGarson O'Toole adsgarsonotoole at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 02:12:44 PDT 2018

Following the lead of Charles Early, here is a 2001 citation.

Website: CounterPunch
Date on website: December 8, 2001 (Wayback Machine snapshot Sep 28, 2012)
Title: High-Tech Puritanism
Author: John Chuckman

https://www.counterpunch.org/2001/12/08/high-tech-puritanism/

[Begin excerpt]
During the insane episode of keeping a little boy away from his father
and his country on the basis of ideology, a perceptive Australian
wrote in a Sydney paper that he was grateful Australia got the
convicts instead of the Puritans.
[End excerpt]

Garson