[PW] ?Australian quote

ADSGarson O'Toole adsgarsonotoole at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 22:29:31 PDT 2018

Here is a version of the sentiment in a London periodical in 2008.
This is a rather late date, but one citation is perhaps better than
none.

Website: The Spectator UK
Date: 15 October 2008
Article: Diplomatic Notebook
Author: Sir Les Patterson writes from Australia

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2008/10/diplomatic-notebook/

[Begin excerpt]
Back here in Australia, the powers that be are driving me nuts getting
me to be a mentor and mediator to some of our political loose cannons.
Mind you, we were lucky our great nation was founded by convicts,
scallywags and red-blooded randy bastards, and not Puritans like
America. We have a long and colourful history of eminent politicians
who have been caught with their pants down — and proud of it!
[End excerpt]

Garson