[PW] in the country of the blind...

Mark Halpern solomons1pal at aol.com
Mon Mar 12 13:47:46 PDT 2018

Dennis,

   When you're talking to me, nothing is too obvious to mention.  Yes, the idea that it's dangerous to be one-eyed when everyone else is blind must have come, directly or indirectly, from the Wells story; I still wonder, though, who was first flat-footed enough to sum up the moral in the words I offered, or their equivalent.  If no one else will take responsibility for them, I'll claim them for myself -- that should draw some interesting replies!  Thanks for providing the information about the Wells story.

                        Mark