[PW] Help with difficult-to-find song

Bill Davis wmadavis at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 02:14:54 PST 2018

The lyrics for "What Does it Mean to be a Christian" are copied on
page 1 of this document:

https://scholarlycommons.obu.edu/honors_theses/258/

And are attributed to Purpose: A Contemporary Musical for Youth, by
J. Philip Landgrave, Nashville, Tennesse.  Broadman Press  (1968).

The songs from the musical were recorded for a 1969 album by "The Young Folk."

https://www.discogs.com/The-Young-Folk-Purpose-A-Contemporary-Musical-For-Youth/release/7481126

Bill Davis

At 04:13 PM 1/30/2018, you wrote:
>Greetings.
>
>Our staff has been stumped by one of our longtime patrons and hope
>that you can help.
>
>Our patron sang this song as a fifth grader in the late 60s or early
>70s. He has been able to provide us with bits of lyrics, but has no
>title, writer, or composer. The lyrics follow:
>"What love truly means"
>"What does it mean to be a Christian?"
>"What does it really mean"
>"Does it mean to accept the fact that ..."
>"That's what it truly means for a Christian we ..."
>
>Wish we had more info, and we appreciate any help you can give.
>
>Michelle Haywood
>Reader's Advisor
>North Park Branch Library
>960 Koehler Dr.