[PW] Story from _Bedtime stories_ series / [Uncle] Arthur S. Maxwell

Klocek, Angela aklocek at sccl.lib.mi.us
Mon Jan 22 13:09:59 PST 2018

I'm passing this on from Katheryn Carrier at the Traverse Area District Library.

> Here's the details of a story our patron is trying to locate:

One of the chapters in it has a story about a little girl's dog that's always getting into trouble, and the girl's parents want to get rid of the dog.  The theme of the story is about forgiveness, and despite the dog's misbehaving, the little girl always forgives the dog, because she loves him, just as God always forgives us when we ask Him for forgiveness, because God is Love.

_Bedtime stories_ was published in a number of editions and volumes.
The author was Seventh Day Adventist and some of the stories were republished in various SDA publications.

Sitting in my doctor's waiting room twice a week for months where I was stuck for 20 minutes after getting my allergy shot  I read all off the books in the series as well as all the _Bible stories_ series they had on hand. I remember "Windy nights" but I don't remember this one.

None of the catalog entries or for sale descriptions I've found has included a table of contents.

I have tried various combinations of <uncle arthur maxwell dog puppy forgiv* stor*>.

I haven't checked with a local SDA church. It was my impression the patron may have already done that. [Left a message, no reply yet]

Some of these stories appear in an online index but short of looking at all 400+ entries I'm hoping someone on the list will recognize this and can provide a copy of the story, citation, etc. The patron believes it may be in volume 1, first edition.

Thank you.

Katheryn Carrier
Reference

Traverse Area District Library
610 Woodmere Aveneu
Traverse City, Michigan  49686  USA
231-932-8502<tel:(231)%20932-8502> Reference

Katheryn Carrier kcarrier at tadl.org<mailto:kcarrier at tadl.org>

Angela Klocek
St. Clair County Library System
Port Huron Michigan