[PW] Lambda Iota Tau

Bratton, Phyllis pbratton at uj.edu
Mon Jan 15 06:50:37 PST 2018

Thank you so much!  This is great!

Phyllis

-----Original Message-----
From: Project-wombat [mailto:project-wombat-bounces at lists.project-wombat.org] On Behalf Of Laura.Henry at wakegov.com
Sent: Friday, January 12, 2018 1:27 PM
To: list at project-wombat.org
Subject: Re: [PW] Lambda Iota Tau

I found the following document that indicates LIT got absorbed by Sigma Tau Delta, the English honor society:

http://english.org/sigmatd/board/pdf/minutes/spring15/Executive.pdf

You could try contacting someone with STD (what an initialism, huh?) for more info: http://www.english.org/sigmatd/

Cat Henry
Digital Resource Manager
Wake County Public Libraries
laura.henry at wakegov.com

From:   "Bratton, Phyllis" <pbratton at uj.edu>
To:     "list at project-wombat.org" <list at project-wombat.org>
Date:   01/12/2018 02:19 PM
Subject:        [PW] Lambda Iota Tau
Sent by:        "Project-wombat"
<project-wombat-bounces at lists.project-wombat.org>

Greetings -

I am trying to locate information about Lambda Iota Tau, an honor society promoting literature in all languages, and have become lost in the sea of the Greek alphabet.  My specific problem is this:  I am arranging the papers of our local chapter, Beta Alpha, which appears to have flourished from the mid-1950s - mid-1960s.  Our local information is very sketchy and I was hoping to be able to find something on the national scene.  There doesn't appear to be much on the national level past 2014 and I am wondering if it got absorbed by another society.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Phyllis

Phyllis Ann K. Bratton
Director, Raugust Library
University of Jamestown
6070 College Lane
Jamestown, ND    58405
(701)252-3467, ext. 5433

Never ascribe to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity.  - Hanlon's Razor

list at project-wombat.org
http://www.project-wombat.org/

E-mail correspondence to and from this address is subject to the North Carolina Public Records Act and may be disclosed to third parties unless made confidential under applicable law.
list at project-wombat.org