[PW] Lambda Iota Tau

Laura.Henry at wakegov.com Laura.Henry at wakegov.com
Fri Jan 12 11:26:38 PST 2018

I found the following document that indicates LIT got absorbed by Sigma
Tau Delta, the English honor society:

http://english.org/sigmatd/board/pdf/minutes/spring15/Executive.pdf

You could try contacting someone with STD (what an initialism, huh?) for
more info: http://www.english.org/sigmatd/

Cat Henry
Digital Resource Manager
Wake County Public Libraries
laura.henry at wakegov.com

From:   "Bratton, Phyllis" <pbratton at uj.edu>
To:     "list at project-wombat.org" <list at project-wombat.org>
Date:   01/12/2018 02:19 PM
Subject:        [PW] Lambda Iota Tau
Sent by:        "Project-wombat"
<project-wombat-bounces at lists.project-wombat.org>

Greetings -

I am trying to locate information about Lambda Iota Tau, an honor society
promoting literature in all languages, and have become lost in the sea of
the Greek alphabet.  My specific problem is this:  I am arranging the
papers of our local chapter, Beta Alpha, which appears to have flourished
from the mid-1950s - mid-1960s.  Our local information is very sketchy and
I was hoping to be able to find something on the national scene.  There
doesn't appear to be much on the national level past 2014 and I am
wondering if it got absorbed by another society.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Phyllis

Phyllis Ann K. Bratton
Director, Raugust Library
University of Jamestown
6070 College Lane
Jamestown, ND    58405
(701)252-3467, ext. 5433

Never ascribe to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity.  -
Hanlon's Razor

list at project-wombat.org
http://www.project-wombat.org/

E-mail correspondence to and from this address is subject to the North
Carolina Public Records Act and may be disclosed to third parties unless
made confidential under applicable law.