[PW] Which entertainer first juggled chainsaws?

Bill Davis wmadavis at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 10:28:59 PST 2018

My previous post from 1996 referred to the Venice Beach Boardwark
"alum" Chad Taylor.   Here's a reference from 1984:

"There is a fellow at Venice Beach who earns his daily bread juggling
chainsaws. And believe me friends, these are live saws. It's cute to
pull a rabbit out of a hat or make an elephant pear. But, miss with
one of those things and I'll guarantee you it's going to smart. " --
The Indianapolis Star, August 9, 1984, Page 35.

And the "Mad Chad" website:

http://madchadtaylor.com

Bill Davis

At 07:34 AM 1/10/2018, you wrote:
>Several decades ago, when I routinely watched TV (1980s, or the '90s
>at the latest), I saw an act where a guy juggled a bizarre
>collection of different things at the same time, including a
>chainsaw. This was probably a first for television but not among
>professional jugglers.
>
>My aging memory cannot recall who, when, and what, so I've been
>trying to find it online. I first thought the performer was the
>comedian Gallagher, but I can find no reference that he ever used a saw.
>
>Does anyone remember this event, or can help me track it down?
>
>Thanks in advance!
>
>--Carolyn

>Carolyn Haley
>DocuMania
>Production support for writers, editors, and designers
>www.documania.us
>Member Editorial Freelancers Association
>Project Wombat - Project-wombat
>list at project-wombat.org
>http://www.project-wombat.org/

---