[PW] Which entertainer first juggled chainsaws?

d-lien University of Minnesota d-lien at umn.edu
Wed Jan 10 07:47:26 PST 2018

I thought the story of the Flying Karamazov Brothers having juggled
chainsaws was only a rumor, but I just asked my wife, who knows them
from way back when (she worked at the Magic Cellar in San Francisco as
a bartender, ticket taker, and sometime stage manager, back when the
FKBs were starting out and appearing there) and she confirmed that
yes, she  has seen them juggle a small, running chainsaw (only one at
a time, though, as she remembers).  She admits to being horrified and
wanted to talk them out of it.

Unfortunately, she can't put a date to it, except that it was after
their Magic Cellar days (mid to late 70s?), so still don't know if
they were the first jugglers to do something this insane.  But it
sounds plausible.

Dennis Lien (with input from spouse Terry A. Garey) // d-lien at umn.edu