[PW] Which entertainer first juggled chainsaws?

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Wed Jan 10 07:35:26 PST 2018

On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 9:54 AM, Jeffrey Pike <jpike at gpl.org> wrote:

The Flying Karamazov Brothers used to solicit random items to juggle from
> their audiences.

How well I remember.  My wife and I went to see them live several times,
and on one occasion tossed up an item on the stage to be juggled, but it
wasn't chosen by the audience.  The two most challenging things I saw were
a pineapple (ouch) and a plastic bag of garbage (very unpredictable
behavior).

If a chainsaw had been forthcoming, they would have accepted that challenge.

Not necessarily.  They always reserved the right to reject any item or to
modify it.  The bag of garbage had several things removed from it,
presumably to lighten it.

La mayyitan ma qadirun yatabaqqa sarmadi
Fa idha yaji' al-shudhdhadh fa-l-maut qad yantahi.
                --Abdullah al-Hazred, Al-`Azif