[PW] ?Flour Sack Derby Car Race?

d-lien University of Minnesota d-lien at umn.edu
Fri Feb 23 15:02:22 PST 2018

No flour sacks were involved, but the "contestents in cars raise from
point to point to find clues to tell them where to go next" sort of
thing is the basis of my favorite Tish story, "The Treasure Hunt," and
that dates back to 1926 (in the SATURDAY EVENING POST).  So the basic
idea has been around for a long time.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2165623.Tish_Plays_the_Game

(Spoiler alert: Tish cheats.)

Dennis Lien / d-lien at umn.edu