[PW] Two Questions About the Biography of Algernon Blackwood

d-lien University of Minnesota d-lien at umn.edu
Mon Feb 19 11:20:53 PST 2018

And I find that the play in question does involve the star fighting
with a warder (or killing one, anyway, which probably means
fighting/grappling)....

https://books.google.com/books?id=n_c5AQAAIAAJ&pg=PA260

The Theater: A Monthly Review and Magazine /  May 1, 1890

"DICK VENABLES."

        New drama. in four acts, written by Arthur Law.
First produced at the Shaftesbury Theatre, Saturday Evening, April 5, 1890.

(snip)
Dick Venables turns up, in the midst of a hue and cry ; he has escaped
from Wildmoor, makes for Mrs. Lisle's, kills a warder who tries to
capture him, and creeps into the house.
(snip)

Dennis Lien / d-lien at umn.edu