[PW] ? Rothschild Quote (Quotation Query #795)

Shapiro, Fred fred.shapiro at yale.edu
Sat Feb 17 07:27:54 PST 2018

The financial saying "Buy when the blood is running in the streets" or "Buy when blood is running in the streets" or variants thereof is often attributed to "Rothschild" or "Baron Rothschild."  Can anyone help me to determine which Rothschild is being attributed to here?  I realize that there may be no definite answer to this question, but I would welcome any insights as to which Rothschild is the most likely or most common referent?

Fred Shapiro