[PW] Antique hand-powered tool question

brian whatcott betwys1 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 27 12:39:36 PDT 2018

This device shares some design features with the breast drill.
It lacks the two jaw chuck at the ball carrier end and lacks the chest
pad at the proximal end.
Speculatively, it could be a massage device - though doubtful. It could
be a nut shucker of some kind, or a clay compactor - though very
doubtful. I notice very modest wear on the bearing faces of the balls,
suggesting use with some relatively soft, clean object.
That's all I have

Brian W