[PW] Zuni ring design Now HOPI ring design

GraceAnne Andreassi DeCandido graceanneladyhawk at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 17:16:29 PDT 2018

I led myself, and all of you, down the wrong path, as the ring is Hopi not
Zuni. The side motif, as Jeanne mentions, is often seen as part of the
Figure in the Maze design, flanking the sides, but it is also a motif used
as a framing device. I believe it has a meaning of its own, but it may echo
the archetype of the Maze. The central motif looks like a rising/setting
sun, but I am trying also to find out if it is one or the other, if that is
indicated, and also if the sun figures another meaning.
I am grateful for all of your help, and I will continue my search.

GraceAnne Andreassi DeCandido in New York City
graceanneladyhawk at gmail.com ladyhawk at well.com https://girasoleazzurra.com/*
A word after a word after a word is power*. "Spelling" Margaret Atwood