[PW] WW1 novel identification, with mask

Claire fromClare clairefromclare at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 03:33:38 PDT 2018


That sounds like some strange reworking of “Jane Eyre.”

(From the phone)

> On Aug 25, 2018, at 4:47 PM, Adrian Smith [LIB] <a.smith at leeds.ac.uk> wrote:
> 
> amazon have:
> 
> 
> "Jane Eliot wears an iron mask. It's the only way to contain the fey curse that scars her cheek. The Great War is five years gone, but its scattered victims remain – The Ironskin.
> 
> "When a post is advertised for a governess to assist with a fey-cursed child, Jane grabs the opportunity and leaves for a new life at Silver Birch Hall.
> 
> "Teaching the unruly Dorie to suppress her curse is a challenge in itself. But Jane’s also battling with burgeoning feelings for the little girl's father – the enigmatic artist Edward Rochart. Deep down Jane knows Rochart cannot love her, just as she knows that she must wear iron for the rest of her life. But what if neither of these things are true? As Jane unlocks the secrets of a new life – she discovers just how far she’s prepared to go to become whole again.
> 
> ----------------
> 
> Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2018 11:08:38 -0500
> From: Lesley K <klesleyk at gmail.com>
> To: list at project-wombat.org
> Subject: Re: [PW] Novel identification: post WWI, mask
> Message-ID:
>        <CAGXEdYntmkXktD5MSOyNPLoKowECb-bGOoAvTZ43zAF_2y1Omw at mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
> 
> IRONSKIN by Tina Connolly?
> 
> ________________________________
> From: Project-wombat <project-wombat-bounces at lists.project-wombat.org> on behalf of project-wombat-request at lists.project-wombat.org <project-wombat-request at lists.project-wombat.org>
> Sent: Saturday, August 25, 2018 09:11 PM
> To: project-wombat at lists.project-wombat.org
> Subject: Project-wombat Digest, Vol 112, Issue 12
> 
> Send Project-wombat mailing list submissions to
>        project-wombat at lists.project-wombat.org
> 
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>        http://lists.project-wombat.org/listinfo.cgi/project-wombat-project-wombat.org
> 
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>        project-wombat-request at lists.project-wombat.org
> 
> You can reach the person managing the list at
>        project-wombat-owner at lists.project-wombat.org
> 
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of Project-wombat digest..."
> 
> 
> Note: because you are subscribed to Project Wombat using the Digest option, the reply address on this message may not be correct. Make sure you send any replies to
> list at project-wombat.org
> 
> Today's Topics:
> 
>   1. Novel identification: post WWI, mask (Bristol Library)
>   2. Re: Novel identification: post WWI, mask (Lesley K)
> 
> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> Message: 1
> Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2018 07:49:29 -0400
> From: Bristol Library <bplref at gmail.com>
> To: Stumpers <list at project-wombat.org>
> Subject: [PW] Novel identification: post WWI, mask
> Message-ID:
>        <CAJaQU_0L5fu_Tb8FxcwJ-uAxTP-ZxhqpaU-CxmBZMGHsrgse8g at mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
> 
> This is from a librarian friend:
> 
> Librarian-9-1-1! Help! My bookclub read a book within the last 7 or 8 years
> that we can't recall the name of! Here's what I recall: there was a
> character who wore a lead mask and was poisoned. He was a victim of WWI. It
> MAY have been set it France. A newspaper was part of the setting. The
> editor/or a reporter. That's all I remember, but a friend from high school
> posted one of those 90 second videos and the art of masks before
> reconstructive surgery was a real thing. That made me recall the book. I
> have googled it and have no luck...working of 2 days trying to remember!
> 
> Does this ring any bells with anyone?
> 
> Thanks, Jeanne
> Bristol Public Library
> Bristol, VA/TN
> 
> See what we're reading now:
> http://bristol-library-bookblog.blogspot.com/
> 
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> Message: 2
> Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2018 11:08:38 -0500
> From: Lesley K <klesleyk at gmail.com>
> To: list at project-wombat.org
> Subject: Re: [PW] Novel identification: post WWI, mask
> Message-ID:
>        <CAGXEdYntmkXktD5MSOyNPLoKowECb-bGOoAvTZ43zAF_2y1Omw at mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
> 
> IRONSKIN by Tina Connolly?
> 
>> On Sat, Aug 25, 2018 at 8:44 AM Bristol Library <bplref at gmail.com> wrote:
>> 
>> This is from a librarian friend:
>> 
>> Librarian-9-1-1! Help! My bookclub read a book within the last 7 or 8 years
>> that we can't recall the name of! Here's what I recall: there was a
>> character who wore a lead mask and was poisoned. He was a victim of WWI. It
>> MAY have been set it France. A newspaper was part of the setting. The
>> editor/or a reporter. That's all I remember, but a friend from high school
>> posted one of those 90 second videos and the art of masks before
>> reconstructive surgery was a real thing. That made me recall the book. I
>> have googled it and have no luck...working of 2 days trying to remember!
>> 
>> Does this ring any bells with anyone?
>> 
>> Thanks, Jeanne
>> Bristol Public Library
>> Bristol, VA/TN
>> 
>> See what we're reading now:
>> http://bristol-library-bookblog.blogspot.com/
>> _______________________________________________
>> Project Wombat - Project-wombat
>> list at project-wombat.org
>> http://www.project-wombat.org/
> 
> 
> 
> --
> -- Lesley Knieriem
>   Rogers Public Library
>   Rogers AR
> 
> Nunc adeamus bibliothecam, non illam quidem multis instructam libris,
> sed exquisitis. -- Erasmus
> 
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> Subject: Digest Footer
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Project Wombat - Project-wombat
> list at project-wombat.org
> http://www.project-wombat.org/
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> End of Project-wombat Digest, Vol 112, Issue 12
> ***********************************************
> _______________________________________________
> Project Wombat - Project-wombat
> list at project-wombat.org
> http://www.project-wombat.org/


More information about the Project-wombat mailing list