[PW] Zuni ring design

Bristol Library bplref at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 16:09:21 PDT 2018

Hi, GraceAnne,
I don't have a copy but there is a book called Zuni Jewelry:  Non-Figural
Designs Collector Reference that might help.  Otherwise here are a couple
of sites:  https://www.eaglerocktradingpost.com/symbol-meanings/

https://www.nativeamericanjewelry.com/symbol-meanings/

https://www.warpaths2peacepipes.com/native-american-symbols/list-of-symbols.htm

You've probably already seen those, but FWIW...

Jeanne

On Sat, Aug 25, 2018 at 6:44 PM Lonn Taylor <taylorw at fortdavis.net> wrote:

> I am not sure what your question is.
>
> Lonn Taylor
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Aug 25, 2018, at 4:05 PM, GraceAnne Andreassi DeCandido <
> graceanneladyhawk at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Dear colleagues,
> > I have a silver Zuni ring that I purchased at the National Museum of the
> > American Indian some years ago. It has two glyphs on it, which I believe
> > are oft-used Zuni patterns but which I cannot find after a certain amount
> > of Google searching. One might be a rising or setting sun; that other is
> > calligraphic/geometric image that is not wind but might be something else
> > weather related.
> > I have pictures, but as I recall I cannot send pictures to the list. I
> > would be grateful for any assistance.
> > GraceAnne
> >
> > GraceAnne Andreassi DeCandido in New York City
> > graceanneladyhawk at gmail.com ladyhawk at well.com
> https://girasoleazzurra.com/*
> > A word after a word after a word is power*. "Spelling" Margaret Atwood
> > Project Wombat - Project-Wombat-Open
> > list at project-wombat.org
> > http://www.project-wombat.org/

Bristol Public Library