[PW] Novel identification: post WWI, mask

Bristol Library bplref at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 04:49:29 PDT 2018

This is from a librarian friend:

Librarian-9-1-1! Help! My bookclub read a book within the last 7 or 8 years
that we can't recall the name of! Here's what I recall: there was a
character who wore a lead mask and was poisoned. He was a victim of WWI. It
MAY have been set it France. A newspaper was part of the setting. The
editor/or a reporter. That's all I remember, but a friend from high school
posted one of those 90 second videos and the art of masks before
reconstructive surgery was a real thing. That made me recall the book. I
have googled it and have no luck...working of 2 days trying to remember!

Does this ring any bells with anyone?

Thanks, Jeanne
Bristol Public Library
Bristol, VA/TN