[PW] test - please ignore thanks!

Document Delivery DocDelivery at iona.edu
Wed Aug 8 05:52:57 PDT 2018

Edward Helmrich
Interlibrary Loan Office
Ryan Library
Iona College VXI
715 North Ave.
New Rochelle, NY 10801
From: Project-wombat <project-wombat-bounces at lists.project-wombat.org> on behalf of Bristol Library <bplref at gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 7, 2018 1:19 PM
To: Stumpers
Subject: Re: [PW]  Children’s book about neighborhood trucks

Diane, you might try submitting it to Loganberry Books.  There's a $4 fee
but that is put toward the cost of buying a copy of the book when the title
is found.  http://w1.loganberrybooks.com/stumpthebookseller/?page_id=8
Jeanne

On Mon, Aug 6, 2018 at 2:19 PM, Diane England <diane.england at comcast.net>
wrote:

> Unfortunately neither of these is the bookI’m trying to remember.  It was
> more fleshed out book than Scarry’s and not really about city trucks as the
> Quqckenbush…more of a boy in his bed hearing and seeing the sights and
> sounds on his own street.  But thank you both for trying!
>
> One answer:  Could it be City Trucks by Robert Quackenbush?
> Other answer:  A Richard Scarry truck book? They date back that far and
> several are still in print.
>

> > On Aug 4, 2018, at 9:08 PM, Diane England <diane.england at comcast.net
> wombat-open-project-wombat.org>> wrote:
> >
> > Pardon me if this is a duplicate post.  I replied to a digest email
> before realizing that’s probably not the right way to post a question.
> >
> > Not much to go on here, but I’m trying to find a book that was for
> little ones.  I had it in the Kate 1980s. It was about trucks -
> specifically trucks that a child would see and hear in their own
> neighborhood.  Like the sounds of trash trucks when they were still in bed
> in the morning or those they might hear during the night...like fire
> emergency vehicles overnight, or a truck making a delivery to the local
> bakery early in the morning,  or cement trucks during the day.  Can’t
> recall all of the trucks or the details but remember the sense that these
> were the tucks of a child’s neighborhood.
> >
> > My son is 33 and it was one of those books he wanted me to read to him
> every night multiple times.  I remember when we got to the page about the
> truck delivering to the bakery and it was supposed to be full of bread he
> would break into the biggest smile and say “mmmmm” thinking of what that
> smell must be.  He’s going to have his first child soon and I would love to
> find this book again.

Bristol Public Library
Bristol, VA/TN

See what we're reading now: