[PW] Historical international stats back to early 20th century

SNEDIKER, KATHY SNEDIKER at mailbox.sc.edu
Fri Aug 3 13:05:11 PDT 2018

I am trying to help a student find sources for historical international statistics by country and year, specifically on:
Maternal mortality rates
Adolescent birth rates
Female Labor Force Participation Rate
Male Labor Force Participation Rate

She's specifically looking at countries that have hosted the Olympics (so not all western nations but not the developing world), and she's hoping to go back to the 1890s.(!?) I have real concerns that what she wants may not exist, at least not in a form that is compatible with more current data she is using, but I'd like to see what I can find.
I've tried the WHO, Census international tables, UNdata, Europa World, Data Citation Index, and Statistical Insight, but nothing comes close to going back far enough.

Any ideas or insight into sources (print in particular) that may exist are greatly appreciated!

Kathy Snediker
Research & Instruction Department
University Libraries
University of South Carolina