[PW] source citation

Baker, John JBAKER at STRADLEY.COM
Wed Mar 29 12:15:55 PDT 2017

A copy of the book is available at http://www.ebay.fr/itm/Grands-hommes-et-grands-faits-de-la-science-et-de-lindustrie-Illustre/231522918762.  Unfortunately, that page does not have complete publishing data, but it may help.  The description includes the following:

"Grands hommes et grands faits de la science et de l'industrie. Ed. Combet & Cie. s.d., ca 1875. In-4 relié pleine toile illustrée, fente en haut de mors, usure en coins, intérieur bruni, 20x29 cm. 296 pp. Abondamment illustré de gravures dans le texte."

So, published by Combet & Cie, no date, but estimated to be around 1875 (five years earlier than the 1880 estimate seen elsewhere on the web).  The book spine indicates publication in Paris.

John Baker

-----Original Message-----
From: Project-wombat [mailto:project-wombat-bounces at lists.project-wombat.org] On Behalf Of David Haynes
Sent: Wednesday, March 29, 2017 1:29 PM
To: list at project-wombat.org
Subject: [PW] source citation

Marsups,

I am trying to find the publishing data for the source of an illustration. The credit given on the Website that has a copy of the engraving is:

"Grands Hommes et Grands Faits de l'Industrie" published about 1880 in France

After failing to find a copy in my local research libraries, I tried the Library of Congress, the British Library, the Bibliothèque Nationale, and finally Worldcat--all without success. I would appreciate any suggestions to help find it.

Illustrated aunts, David

David Haynes    davhaynes at Juno.com    San Antonio

list at project-wombat.org