[PW] ? Famous Quotations from Comic Strips (Quotation Query #768)

John Henderson jrhenderson9 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 08:24:33 PDT 2017

I'm figuring that you are looking for some more contemporary comics.
Here are some oft quoted or shared/circulated xkcd comics – at least
those without too many words or illustrations to make their point:

Schrodinger
https://xkcd.com/45/
Schrödinger's Comic
The last panel of this comic is both funny and not funny at the same time.
Until you read it, there is no way to tell which it will end up being.
Shit.

Exploits of a Mom
https://xkcd.com/327/
Hi, this is your son's school. We're have some computer trouble.

Oh, dear – did he break something?

In a way–

Did you really name your son
Robert'): DROP
TABLE Students:-- ?

Oh, yes. Little Bobby Tables, we call him.

Well, we've lost this year's student records. I hope you're happy.

And I hope you've learned to sanitize your database inputs.

Duty Calls
https://xkcd.com/386/
Are you coming to bed?
I can't. This is important.
What?
Someone is wrong on the internet. [wrong is underlined]

Atheists
https://xkcd.com/774/
Personally, I find atheists just as annoying as fundamentalist Christians.
Well, the important thing is that you've found a way to feel superior to both.

1 to 10
https://xkcd.com/953/
On a scale of 1 to 10, how likely is it that this question is using binary?
...4?
What's a 4?

Insanity
https://xkcd.com/1657/
They say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and
over and expecting different results.
You've been quoting that cliché for years. Has it convinced anyone to
change their mind yet?

John Henderson
Ithaca College Library