[PW] ? Bat Masterson Quote (Quotation Query #766)

ADSGarson O'Toole adsgarsonotoole at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 13:31:39 PST 2017

Here is the quip more than a decade earlier:

Date: November 18, 1886
Newspaper: Atchison Daily Patriot
Newspaper Location: Atchison, Kansas
Article: Untitled short piece
Quote Page 2, Column 2
Database: Newspapers.com
Quote Page 2, Column 2

[Begin excerpt]
It is on the Emersonian doctrine of compensation illustrated by one of
his disciples, who said all things are about evenly divided, as for
instance: The rich have ice in summer and the poor have it in winter.
[End excerpt]

Garson