[PW] ? Bat Masterson Quote (Quotation Query #766)

ADSGarson O'Toole adsgarsonotoole at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 12:32:10 PST 2017

Good work, Barb. Below is the same basic joke in 1898. The article
title suggests it may be from humor publication "Judge" but I am
uncertain.

Date: February 2, 1898
Newspaper: The Pittsburgh Press
Newspaper Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Article: Merry Thoughts of Judge
Quote Page 4, Column 2
Database: Newspapers.com

[Begin excerpt]
"This not such an unjust world, after all, when you come to think
about it," said the old-young man. "Of course the rich people have ice
in summer, but don't the poor get it in winter?"
[End excerpt]

Garson