[PW] the non-panhandle part of the state is called what?

Todd Mason foxbrick at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 17 10:08:11 PST 2017

The preponderance? The opposite of a panhandle, or more formally a salient, is a reentrant (where a land division is indented, as where California "bends" along the border with Nevada).

    On Friday, February 17, 2017 12:46 PM, anne rojas <anne.c.rojas at gmail.com> wrote:

 I am calling on the collective wisdom to hopefully satisfy a curiosity that
came up recently at work.

When a state has a panhandle, what is the part of the state that's not the
panhandle called?  Is there a word for it?


Anne Rojas

And just for fun:


More information about the Project-wombat mailing list