[PW] ? Pogo Quote (Quotation Query #765)

Shapiro, Fred fred.shapiro at yale.edu
Wed Feb 15 19:12:23 PST 2017

One of the best-known quotations from the comic strip "Pogo" was "Don't take life so serious, son -- it ain't nohow permanent."  I am trying to trace the date of the first "Pogo" installment to include this quote.  When I search Newspapers.com, I come up with an appearance of these words in the Long Beach Independent, June 24, 1950.  Can anyone confirm or disconfirm whether that was the first appearance?

Fred Shapiro