[PW] "In Like Flynn"

Bristol Library bplref at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 08:38:34 PST 2017

A patron is asking about the origin of this phrase.  I found the
information about the NY politician Flynn and the later Erroll Flynn
connection, but patron believes it predates this.  He cited a Broadway play
called "In Like Flynn" written by Michael O'Flynn which he believes was
produced in the late 1800s.  I am unable to find a play or playwright under
these terms.  I did check Internet Broadway Database, imdb, history of the
Flynn family name (looking for famous O'Flynns), and our meager
Broadway/drama collection.  I also checked the quote investigator, even
though it's not a quote exactly, and snopes.

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA,
Jeanne

--