[PW] Science fiction novel identification involving light, infinity, and dimensional travel

Graham Fredrick fredricg at ipfw.edu
Fri Feb 3 07:57:36 PST 2017

I'm hoping someone here can help identify or point me to a good resource (I've cross-posted this to Stack Exchange) for identifying a science fiction novel for a patron.  Here are the details he remembers:

He read the book during a local blizzard of 1978, so it would be published that year or earlier.

The title may have mentioned something about infinity or light.

The protagonist could travel between dimensions at will; and light or "white light" was either a triggering mechanism or some kind of component.

Graham Fredrick
Document Delivery Services Coordinator
Walter E. Helmke Library, Room 137
Indiana University - Purdue University Fort Wayne
260-481-6508