[PW] Story about Klipsch shirt arrest in Arkansas in Playboy magazine ca 1977

S M Colowick januarye at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 15:18:17 PDT 2016

On Mon, Sep 26, 2016 at 2:04 PM, Bradley Scott
<bradley.a.scott at gmail.com> wrote:
> One of my colleagues passed along the following query:
>
> "[Question]: I am a Reference Librarian and have been asked by a
> patron to find an article that appeared probably in 1977 in Playboy
> magazine. It concerns the man's arrest for wearing a tee-shirt with an
> obscenity on it (the word "BS"), and occurred in Arkansas at a
> festival associated with Klipsch speakers (music equipment company).

Maybe this can help with tracking down the article:

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/166100-help-needed/

"John Simmons was arrested in 1977 for wearing the original BS
t-shirt.  He is 'down on his luck' these days, and would like to have
one of the shirts again (I think the cops kept his!).  Klipsch plans
to do a human interest story on him soon, so there will be more to
come."

An attached clipping from the Arkansas Gazette ("T-shirt Charges
Against Student Are Dropped")  is dated Aug. 10, 1977.