[PW] Help with discovering origin of a name

Barbara Schmidt schmidtbrb at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 07:33:42 PDT 2016

I would recommend ancestry.com as a good source for your answer.  While it
is a subscription site, some of the search results are free.  I just ran
the search for Bruda as a surname and the results turned up 2,217 hits
among numerous categories including records from Romania, Slovakia,
Hungary, Austria.