[PW] Request help verifying 1959 quotation from journalist EdwardR. Murrow

ADSGarson O'Toole adsgarsonotoole at gmail.com
Tue May 31 09:34:10 PDT 2016

This message is a follow-up to the request I sent to the list on May
21. The Quote Investigator website now has an entry on the topic of
the request:

When the Politicians Complain That Television Turns Their Proceedings
into a Circus, It Should Be Made Plain That the Circus Was Already
There

http://quoteinvestigator.com/2016/05/30/political-circus/

The acknowledgement mentioned some mailing list members who helped.

[Begin excerpt]
Great thanks to David Craig whose inquiry led QI to formulate this
question and perform this exploration. Special thanks to Stephen
Goranson for accessing the 1959 book citation. Also, thanks to the
Digital Collections and Archives at Tufts University who sent QI the
precise text in “Dons or Crooners?” In addition, thanks to John Baker
who pointed out the 2013 citation, and to Sue Kamm who suggested
contacting Tufts. Many thanks to Peter Reitan who found the 1919
illustration. All errors are the responsibility of QI.
[End excerpt]

Garson