[PW] Marx on how a worker will spend his day under communism

T.F. Mills phasco at earthlink.net
Mon May 23 21:51:53 PDT 2016

On 23 May 2016 at 20:21, Katherine Harper wrote:

> By coincidence, this was discussed in a political book I edited last year.
> It's in Marx and Engels' *The German Ideology*. Here's a link to the page

Ah yes, "criticise after dinner, just as I have a mind, without ever becoming ... critic."  That's
what I was looking for when I stumbled on the 6 hour division concept (which is loosely
related.)

And all the while I was thinking we've been here before.  Mark, you asked this same question
in June 2012 and got good answers then (including my suggestion that your question was a
conflation of Marxian and other ideas.)  That's the second time in a month you have asked the
same question from years ago that seemed adequately answered back then.  What's going
on?  Testing our déjà vu?  Or reliving your life in reverse?

But you did get added value this time.  Nobody in 2012 came up with the Surplus-Value quote.

Note that neither the German Ideology quote nor the Surplus-Value quote really support your
2012 (8 June) contention that Marx's "supposition here is that workers have at least potentially
an intellectual or artistic side  that is buried under capitalism, but will flourish under
communism."  If Marx really thought that, which I doubt, somebody will have to dig deeper to
find it.

T.F. Mills
(Colorado, USA)