[PW] Appeal for Famous 21st Century/1990s Song Lyrics (Quotation Query #750)

censored ash966 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 15:49:15 PDT 2016

"Mama said knock you out" --LL Cool J
"Baby got back" - Sir Mix-a-Lot
"Fight the power" -Public Enemy
"Becky with the good hair" -Beyonce
"I'm on the right track, baby, I was born this way" - Lady Gaga
"Now I ain't sayin' she a gold digger (when I'm in need)/But she ain't
messin' with no broke n*****" - Kanye West
"I don't want no scrub/A scrub is a guy that can't get no love from
me/Hanging out the passenger side/Of his best friend's ride/Trying to
holler at me" - TLC

"Stan" meaning an obsessed fan comes from the song of the same name by Eminem.

--Andrea Herman
St. Paul Public Library

email: ash966 at bitstream.net
web page: http://www.badassjfro.net/
"Oh don't the days seem lank and long
When all goes right and nothing goes wrong
And isn't your life extremely flat
When you've nothing whatever to grumble at?"

        --W.S. Gilbert