[PW] again, the trouble with English criminal law

Solomons1pal at aol.com Solomons1pal at aol.com
Fri Jul 29 10:00:27 PDT 2016

Colleagues,

   I've asked this question before, but --  pace Todd Mills -- I want to
ask it again; some new people may have  joined us since the last time I asked
it, or one of you may have read the book  I'm seeking since them.

   Some writer said -- I'm paraphrasing very roughly  here -- "The trouble
with the English criminal law is that it was designed for  use by a bobby
patrolling an English village."  Who was the writer, and  where did he say it?
 I have of course tried Google, and I've written to  four or five of the
best-known criminologists in the U.S. and England, but none  of them could
help.  (One of them found the idea interesting and useful,  and thanked me for
calling it to his attention.)

                        Mark Halpern