[PW] Query about Seon Manley and Gogo Lewis

T.F. Mills phasco at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 3 23:11:43 PDT 2016

On 21 Jun 2016 at 0:32, yours truly wrote:

> Janet Seon G. Manley, born 1921 in Connecticut, apparently still living.  Husband is Robert
> R. Manley.  Lived in Bellport NY in 1990 (as did Gogo at some point), and East Patchogue in
> 1991.  They have one child, Shivaun (apparently unmarried at age 55.)

Not living, sorry.  For the sake of the archives (which anybody can google, and we hate
misinformation to persist -- don't we?), here is more complete information.

Janet Helen Givens was born 7 Jan 1921 in Connecticut (probably Stamford, where her
father Webster Crane Givens was a bigshot, later mayor), died 11 Mar 2009 in Alhambra,
Calif.  In Sep 1954 she married Robert Russell Manley Jr.  He was born 18 May 1925 in
Waukesha, Wisc. and died 13 Mar 2013 in Indio, Calif.

This comes from standard people finder sources.  The problem is finding the right person.
Professionally she used the pseudonym "Seon" from about 1947/48, although it might have
been a childhood nickname.  She was raised in Manhattan by grandparents who stressed
Scottish heritage (hence her first autobiography "My Heart is in the Heather.")  In public
records she seems to have mostly used her real name, but it could appear as Janet H(elen)
Manley, Janet G(ivens) Manley or Janet S(eon) Manley.

Seon was born 2 years and 4 days before her sister Mona (Gogo Lewis), and died 1 year and
10 days after.

Daughter Shivaun Manley (born 9 July 1960) was married to Joe Hinman as of 2013, but I
haven't worked out details .

I'll send some photos off-list when I get a chance.

T.F. Mills
(Colorado, USA)