[PW] Green Eggs and Ham Banned in China?

Mark Carson mahousu at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 05:25:54 PDT 2016

The Chinese title for "Green Eggs and Ham" is "绿鸡蛋和火腿." I did a web search
for this, and looked at a bunch of articles in Chinese, and none of them
mentioned any ban. Of course, bans are almost never discussed openly in
China, so this may not mean much. One article did say that Sam-I-Am seemed
like a "persistent 'salesman'" (执着的“推销员”), but it wasn't put in a critical
way.

Nowadays, at least, the book seems popular in China as a tool for learning
English. A bilingual English/Chinese version was published April 1 (seems
appropriate) 2007, and is still in print.

Mark

Mark Carson     mahousu at gmail.com