[PW] Green Eggs and Ham Banned in China?

Donna Halper dlh at donnahalper.com
Mon Aug 22 14:47:56 PDT 2016

On 8/22/2016 4:09 PM, Kevin O'Kelly wrote:

>>> Green Eggs and Ham was reportedly banned by Mao's government
>>> <https://www.nypl.org/blog/2013/09/24/banned-books-week-
>>>
>> green-eggs-and-ham>
>>
>>> because  of its "portrayal of early Marxism."  The source provides no
>>> further details.

The ban supposedly began in 1965 and ended in 1991.  But the sources
seem to basically quote each other or quote other websites-- even
Wikipedia (not always a reliable source) refers to an article on the
Huffington Post.  I'd feel a lot better about this claim if some scholar
of Chinese History could verify it.