[PW] Historical time zones in the US

Bristol Library bplref at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 16:34:29 PDT 2016

Lonn, is there any chance it could have been a different year? I went
thought the 1946 microfilm, and it appears both sides went on DST on the
same day and switched back on the same day-- two months earlier than
intended, because the Commonwealth of Virginia had passed a resolution that
the Commonwealth would not do DST. I was going to check the next couple of
years just to see if it came up again.  My other thought is that maybe it
was Bluefield, Virginia/West Virginia.  I haven't checked but Bristol has
stood in for Bluefield before (RIP, Hank Williams!)