[PW] Mystery Tool

brian whatcott betwys1 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 15 07:08:15 PDT 2016

On 8/15/2016 8:00 AM, Jocelyn Shaw wrote:
> A friend found this tool in an attic and was wondering what it was.  Any
> clues?
>
> Here's the picture:
> https://www.flickr.com/photos/tigerknitting/shares/q5T8uy
>
> Thanks in advance!

No first hand knowledge but why would I allow that to prevent me from
speculating?

It seems clear that loops of thread hung down from one, several, or all
of the lower hooks where slotted holes are intended to allow threading
the gadget. It seems unlikely that this frame would be used for drying
dyed thread, or else the frame would be discolored ~ but it is possible
that the effect of this frame was to straighten washed thread....

Brian W