[PW] Science Direct article?

Mike Hindin mike.hindin at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 19:36:19 PDT 2016

I dont have access  at the moment.  My first response before seeing the
link was probably not any risk.  The abstract of the the study pretty much
nailed it for me.  First, any toxic effect depends on the toxicity of the
ingredients including the scent, route of exposure and
the dose which consists of the concentration of the potential toxin, time
of exposure and in the case of many carcinogens, long term or repeated
exposures.  Another complication is predicting what chemicals are created
when you burn the scent.  In the case of the study abstract, the exposure
is very small.  You are about 95% water. Water is mostly considered non
toxic but if it gets into your lungs you are in trouble as in drowning.  If
you drink 5 gallons in a day you may die.  Carbon dioxide is another
example. Animals produce carbon dioxide.

Michael N Hindin, MPH
St Louis Park, MN 55426