[PW] ?Marshall McLuhan quote

ADSGarson O'Toole adsgarsonotoole at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 12:41:19 PDT 2016

Here is citation referring to a talk in 1976 although it would be nice
to have even more direct evidence:

Date: June 9, 1976
Newspaper: Democrat and Chronicle
Newspaper Location: Rochester, New York
Section: Opinion
Article: Still in form
Quote Page 18A, Column 1
Database: Newspapers.com

[Begin excerpt]
Canadian media philosopher Marshall McLuhan recently told a Cambridge
audience that Americans are the only people in the world who go
outside to be alone and inside to be social He also came up with such
other one-liners as:

. . . America is  the  only country  ever founded on the printed word.
 [End excerpt]

Please double-check for typos and other errors before using.

Garson