[PW] How is a 277 Volt Lighting System Wired in Series to Turn On a Large Group of Fluorescent Light Fixtures Wired in Series?

Higgins, Martha E mehiggins at wm.edu
Wed Sep 30 18:46:11 PDT 2015

The supply voltage is daisy chained from ballast to ballast. Most ballast can can accommodate two to four bulbs. Depending on the ballast type it can accommodate one to four different supply voltages, 120V, 208V, 240V or 277V single phase. Therefore there will be up to three unused capped leads for the different supply voltage options not being used.

So the only thing that can be considered in "series" would be the supply voltage going from ballast to ballast. Therefore one switch can turn on/off as many fixtures that are being supplied by the supply voltage circuit.

Martha

Sent from my iPad

Begin forwarded message: