[PW] Madams Western U.S. Late 19th Century

Katherine Harper kharper4 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 12:40:23 PDT 2015

If this student is doing newspaper work, she'll need to search for the code
terms used in print publications during this period: a woman might have
been described as a "resort keeper"/"resortkeeper" or as "keeping a
disorderly house." You might also send her to some of the periodicals for
law enforcement/prison personnel and social workers that are freely
available through the Hathi Trust and Google Books.

Kathy

Katherine Harper, Ph.D.
​A​
ccepting editing, writing, and research projects as *To the Letter
Editorial and Research Services*. Visit www.to-the-letter.net for details.

On Fri, Sep 11, 2015 at 3:27 PM, Elizabeth Barksdale <ebarksdale at udallas.edu