[PW] identifying a snake

Kay Lancaster kay at hub.fern.com
Sat Oct 31 11:31:47 PDT 2015

I tentatively suggest it might be Causus resimus, green night
adder or green night viper, based on a search of "snake" and
"Sudan" in the online reptile database here:
http://reptile-database.reptarium.cz

Description here:
http://reptile-database.reptarium.cz/species?genus=Causus&species=resimus&search_param=%28%28taxon%3D%27snake%27%29%28location%3D%27sudan%27%29%

Because the snake is out of context, and many of the identifying
characteristics like pupil shape are not in the photo, and
because I'm really a botanist and a confirmed non-herpetophile,
take this tentative id with a very large grain of salt.

The last entry in the synonomy list is for Laurent Chirio and
Ivan Ineich in 2006, so I'd probably try to track one of them
down and ask them to take a look at the photo.

Kay