[PW] Request help tracing Rebecca West quotation in 1928 Saturday Evening Post

John Cowan cowan at mercury.ccil.org
Thu Oct 29 13:50:56 PDT 2015

ADSGarson O'Toole scripsit:

> Many thanks to the discussants on the Wombats mailing list including:
> John Cowan, Claire, Barbara Schmidt, Brian Whatcott, and Mark Halpern.
> Cowan pointed out the pertinence of the lectior difficilior potior
> principle.

Thank you.  "Lectior" is a typo for "lectio".  Since the expression is
not as well known as it might be, you may want to link to
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lectio_difficilior_potior>,
which gives a decent explanation without too many technicalities.

John Cowan          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan        cowan at ccil.org
Does anybody want any flotsam? / I've gotsam.
Does anybody want any jetsam? / I can getsam.
        --Ogden Nash, No Doctors Today, Thank You