[PW] verifying line in a translation of Rilke?

Kevin O'Kelly rkokelly at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 13:41:30 PDT 2015

A friend of mine recalls reading a translation of Rilke's "Day in Autumn"
that contains the line, ""He who is alone will always be alone."

The only translations I know have that line as "Who is alone now will be
long alone...," (or something similar) stressing the long duration of
aloneness rather than seeing it as a permanent state.

Can anyone verify that a translation with the line as my friend remembers
it exists?

Thanks,

Kevin